Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Fal Frett - Fal Frett (1976)

Hey there. I have a few longer posts I've been working on, but wanted to squeeze a quick one in since it's been a while. 

We're going to travel to France for this next one, with the 1976 self-titled debut from the band Fal Frett. I've been unable to hunt down the rest of their catalog, but I'll keep looking. 

Here we have a quintet made up of Bib Monville on sax, Jacky Bernard on keys, Alex Bernard on bass, Nicol Bernard on percussion with Jacky Alpha on drums. All originals here with the first 5 tunes being credited to Jacky Bernard with the closing tune going to Monville.

A very funky, jazz-fusion start to this one with "Fal Frett" which features great playing from Bernard on keys. The soprano sax comes out for the quick "En Devirant" and also on another nice tune in "Baza-Bar." The absolutely excellent "Untel" follows and features more great play from Monville and Bernard. Two solid, yet slightly calmer, tunes close this one in "Picom" and "Biguila" with my favorite of the two being the former. 

Overall a great debut album from a group I'd love to hear more of. Please share if you have any other pieces of their catalog. And I'll keep digging.

Plenty more to come, so please stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. https://www.idrive.com/idrive/sh/sh?k=o4e3x6e4e5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. As always, thanks for stopping by. Stay tuned - I found the rest of Fal Frett's catalog.

      Delete